Brad and I had the enormous privilege and pleasure of working this weekend with an extraordinary group of Wellesley College students and alumnae who participated in 10 week internship placements in various African countries from Morocco, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Tanzania, and South Africa through the Anchor Point Internships in Global Leadership at Wellesley College. Attendees at the conference literally hailed from countries all the way from Albania to Zimbabwe.
Special thanks to our panelists who so generously shared their Saturday mornings with us, and whose stories of women's leadership will resonate with all of the attendees for a long while.
- Jennie Arbogash, Executive Director of Social Venture Partners Boulder County
- Nicole Glaros, Managing Director of TechStars
- Helayne Jones, President and CEO of the Colorado Legacy Foundation
- Lucy Sanders, CEO and Co-founder of National Center for Women and Information Technology (NCWIT)
- Alice Srinivasan Donor Relations at Global Greengrants Fund
Thanks to Joanne Murray, Director of the Centers for Work and Service, and the Madeleine Korbel Albright Institute for Global Affairs at Wellesley College for her committment to women's leadership, international experiential learning, and her vision for what the internship participants might mean to each other and to the world.
Thanks to Christina Kiffney Photography for the lovely photos.
After such an intense weekend of exploratory conversation and lively connection, I start my week full of optimism and excitement for the next conference!